2023 is coming to a close, and we find ourselves looking back on the incredible year we’ve shared together. We want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to our Oneflow community.
Our user’s insights and experiences have fueled our innovation and played a pivotal role in shaping our product. Now, as we look back on the past year, we’re excited to share some of those improvements that the feedback has inspired.
Tightened security and compliance
Contracts are inherently sensitive and require security and reliability–that’s why this last year, we made a lot of updates to add security for accessing Oneflow, signing contracts, where and how your contracts are stored, and ways to make GDPR compliance easy for everyone.
- Session duration & trust periods – Admin users can now define the length of time for Oneflow to remember trusted devices and before users are logged out. In other words, you can choose if you want your users to have ease of use with longer duration periods, or more tight security with shorter periods. Learn how to change this in your account!
- Data retention at the workspace level – At the workspace level, you can choose how long contracts are stored before they are automatically deleted. Meaning that if you have a certain kind of contract that needs to be deleted after a shorter period of time, then you can put them in a dedicated workspace with stricter data retention rules applied. Learn more about how to set this up.
- More eID signing options – We wanted to make sure that you can ensure security with verifying your counterparties, no matter what eID signing options they use. Therefore, we expanded our electronic ID signing solutions to now cover iDIN (Netherlands), .beID (Belgium), itsme (Belgium), Estonian eID (Estonia), Smart-ID (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), Freja eID (EU/EES), and allow for signing with biometrics for our Swedish BankID.Though the work isn’t done, and next year we plan to improve eID signing even more! Learn more about our current eID options.
- Folders – Organization, is not just about convenience, but also about security and making sure you can always find your contracts. That’s why this year we added folders and subfolders for you to be able to archive your contracts in an organizational manner that works for you. Learn more.
This was the year that ‘automation’ was on everyone’s tongues! Whether sparked by a conversation about AI, or budget cuts and the need for leaner, more efficient teams, everyone wanted to find ways to automate processes in their workflows–and we at Oneflow made sure that your contract work was no exception!
- AI Assist – We added AI capabilities to unlock creativity, but most importantly to speed up the writing and editing of your contracts, and messages. Learn more.
- Zapier – This integration has been a key unlock for companies to be able to automate small steps in their contract work. Read here for a list of example zaps that you can use with your Oneflow integration to speed up your work. Set up our Zapier integration today.
- Section rules beta – This year, we started beta testing section rules, a way to build logic into your contracts. This feature enables you to create dynamic templates that hide or unhide content based on rules that you set. In other words, instead of having 50 different contract templates for each specific use case, you can have one template that contains multiple sets of content, but your user only sees the content that the sender selected should appear. Learn more.
Integrations, integrations, integrations
Last (but certainly not least), we made tremendous strides with both new and updated integrations. We already talked about Zapier, but here’s some other highlights worth mentioning:
- Microsoft 365 (NEW) – Our add-in can turn your Word and PowerPoint documents into digital contracts in no time. Create, send, and track your contracts without leaving Microsoft 365 and use Word and PowerPoint documents as a template to create multiple contracts ready to be signed in Oneflow. Ta-da! Learn more.
- HubSpot – This year, we made major improvements to our HubSpot integration. First, we enabled you to create contracts from contacts and companies (on top of deals). We launched a two-way sync, automatically syncing contract data back to HubSpot. This way, you can trust your data is always up-to-date throughout the sales process. Lastly, we rolled out real-time notifications, letting you see all contract related events directly in your Activities tab. Learn more.
- Dynamics 365 – The two-way sync works for Dynamics users as well, allowing you to sync data from Oneflow contracts to Dynamics to truly keep your CRM your single source of truth as you move deals along the sales funnel. Learn more.
- Cinode – Improvements were made to our Cinode integration, which now enables teams to create contracts from projects, companies, contacts, and subcontractors and seamlessly auto-populate important data into contract templates. Learn more.
That’s it from us for now! If you have any questions about the information above, remember that you can always reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.